6 Reasons to Invest in Real Estate in Pune
12 Jul 2016
The cosmopolitan city of Pune has emerged as one of the most favourable destinations for investing in real estate.
With its popular educational institutions, improved infrastructure, pleasant weather, charming localities and more, the city is now a buzzing metropolis with great places to live in.
Here’s why Pune is a favourite location for investors:
1. Steady Return On Investment (ROI): As the city has been steadily expanding, seeing growth in commercial, automobile and IT sectors, the residential market has enjoyed a constant year-on-year appreciation rate, along with scope for steady capital value appreciation in the future. It is considered as a safe option for investment in residential realty.
2. Employment Opportunities: The city being an IT and manufacturing hub, has huge opportunities for employment and hence a continuous demand for homes. Hinjewadi, Magarpatta, Marunji, Aundh and Kharadi are the areas where most of the IT companies are based.
3. Educational Hub: Home to a number of prestigious schools and universities, Pune has always been known as one of the best cities for education. Also, the rise in the number of township projects and residential areas on the outskirts of Pune has led to the development of many nationally and internationally accredited educational institutions in the city.
4. Infrastructural Development: The improved infrastructural development is another boost to the real estate sector. The growth in the peripheral areas of the city has resulted in improvement in the infrastructure within the city. Previously limited only to the central areas of the city like Bund Garden, M.G Road, Koregaon Park and Deccan, futuristic infrastructure is now also found in the outer areas of the city such as Aundh, Baner, Pashan and Wakad, to name a few.
Several big infrastructure projects like the metro rail project, proposed Pune International Airport and the Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) are the main growth drivers of Pune.
5. Proximity to weekend destinations: Pune is very close to weekend destinations such as Khandala and Lonavla, which lie only about 65 kms away.
6. Safety: Pune has maintained its status as a safe destination in India due to its low crime rate.
With all these positives, Pune makes for a hot investment destination both for home buyers as well as real estate investors.